We are growing! The EC Team is expanding to meet the needs of clients.
ONLY THOSE WITH CALIFORNIA EXPERIENCE NEED APPLY.
We are hiring an experienced full-time OR part-time paralegal. This is a remote position.
This litigation Paralegal must have a minimum of 3 years of CA civil litigation experience. Candidates with a construction, or insurance (homeowner’s insurance) litigation background would be preferred. Candidates must have experience with California civil procedure, California Rules of Court, case management, law office procedures, and calculating and calendaring litigation deadlines. Other responsibilities include filing documents, preparing and responding to discovery, calendaring, answering phones, scheduling appointments, and interacting with clients on a daily basis.
Position consists of legal and administrative work supporting attorneys, management, and other office staff. Our Senior paralegal will be training you, however, this position requires ability to perform independently.
- Must be comfortable working on a cloud based, technology-heavy system
- Excellent proficiency in Word, Adobe Acrobat and Excel, and office technology in general
- Excellent, professional word processing and formatting skills
- Fluency in office technology and document-preparation software is a must
- Familiarity with law firm software such as billing and case management programs (currently use Time Matters, Time Slips, Worldox)
- Detail-oriented and thoroughness
- This position performs a variety of routine paralegal duties and legal administrative duties for assigned attorneys, many of which are unique to a legal environment and require a working knowledge of legal concepts, terminology, and processes
- Assists attorneys and others in legal case preparation and file management for standard matters which may include preliminary legal research, drafting routine documents and obtaining, reviewing, summarizing all relevant documents, reports, records and other sources of information
- Compiles and/or drafts legal documents for review and use by attorneys such as routine documents, discovery responses, affidavits, and other routine legal documents
- Prepares initial pleadings and filings
- Prepares, assembles, and organizes exhibits and evidence
- Receives, processes and organizes client documents and evidence
- Coordinates requests between multiple parties involved in litigation
- Subpoenas records
- Conducts preliminary legal research as necessary
- Assists attorney in trial as needed
- Captures time and records billable time in accordance with policies and procedures
- Reviews incoming mail to determine urgency and work with attorneys accordingly to draft and handle correspondence and email
- Maintains case calendars: Reviews calendar daily and proactively handle upcoming events and determine dates upon which various pleadings must be served and filed
- Inputs and maintains information into case management system and ensure data integrity
- Assists with projects as requested
- May include all or the majority but not limited to these components
For full-time employment, benefits include:
- Medical and Dental PPO coverage starting beginning of the month after hire
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation in Year One; 2.5 Weeks in Year Two; and 3 Weeks in Year Three
- Guaranteed Performance Bonuses
- 4% match on 401(k) retirement plan after required one year waiting period
Who we are:
The mission of the Law Offices of Edward H. Cross is simple: we force property insurance companies to comply with the terms of their policies and pay a fair amount for property damage claims. Through powerful networking, community advocacy, innovation and excellent client service, we doubled our revenue in 2021.Our practice is dedicated to the representation of property damage restoration companies. Our clients restore insured properties damaged in natural disasters, fires, floods, and hurricanes. We take on the world’s largest insurance companies, and we dominate this space nationally, keeping the insurance industry in check and defining the contours of property insurance claims handling practices. We have pioneered innovative strategies to level the playing field for honest, hard-working contractors.
In 2021, we published two leading books in this field.
When insurers wrongfully withhold hundreds of millions of dollars that should be paid to return properties to their pre-loss condition, it interferes with the restoration of property, which hurts property values, and makes it harder for victims to get back on their feet. This is your opportunity to do work that impacts the national economy.
Work Well With A Certain Associate?
We recognize that you may work particularly well with a certain associate (work bff). Bring a qualified attorney with you and we will give you a hiring bonus on their 90th day of being employed with us. Check out our Associate Attorney here on LinkedIn.
Benefits shown are for full-time employees.
Ready to join the team?
Send resume to LilyAtkins@EdCross.com
We look forward to hearing from you!